Moody Fire & Rescue Department
Location & Hours of Operation
911 Firefighter Blvd.
Moody, AL 35004
(205) 640-2526 Fax
(205) 640-5121 Phone Ext. 2
|Joe Nobles, Fire Chief
To protect the lives, health, and property of the citizens of Moody from fire, hazardous situations and trauma.
The Moody Fire and Rescue Department was established in April, 1972 as an all voluntary fire service. In 1983, the City of Moody hired the first full-time firefighter. The department was the first in St. Clair County to have Advanced Life Saving Equipment in service. This began in 1983.
- October is Fire Prevention Month. The department gives lectures and hands on activities to all schools and preschools in the city of Moody.
- Months of November and December the department is active in the “Toys for Kids” Campaign. Angel trees are on display in several city offices for toy donations.
- Blood pressure checks for walk-ins.
- Car seat inspections
- Fire inspections yearly for businesses
- Fire inspections on request for residential
- Smoke and fire alarms inspections on request
- Yellow Dot Program
- Moody has one fire station covering approximately 26 square miles and is staffed 24/7 with an average response time of 4.8 minutes
- The department has 12 full-time firefighters/paramedics and 6 part-time firefighter/paramedic
- The department runs 3 daily shifts with 4 personnel on duty along with the Chief
- The department as an ISO rating of 5/9. All business and residences within 1000 feet receive an ISO rating of 5. This means that the property owner will pay a discounted rate for fire insurance. It is the responsibility of the owner to inform the insurance company of this rating